Thursday, August 4, 2011

Per Special Request



I have been gone for about a year from this blog-thing, but I am going to say I’ve been on “assignment” to get bigger and better stories for everyone:

1st Entry: Disney World Meltdown

April of 2010 Jason and I went on vacation to Disney, we had a 2 day hopper pass so we had to make sure we “hit it hard” so we wouldn’t miss anything. Before even planning this trip I mentioned to Jason that I don’t fancy roller coasters, but I would do water rides, any themed rides such as (haunted Mansion, It’s a small World, etc.) so our plan was for Jason to ride anything he wanted and I would either sit out and wait for him or go shopping.
Day 1 : we got to see the opening ceremonies, and headed to this water safari ride next came splash mountain and thunder mountain, splash I could have done, but it was closed for repairs thunder mountain I was not too happy about but Jason said there was absolutely NO drops, to this day I wouldn’t be able to tell you if that ride had drops or not because I kept my head buried in Jason’s shoulder the whole time with my eyes closed and screaming!---it was so bad that the 6 year old sitting behind me was laughing and pointing, like I had said plenty of times before “I don’t fancy roller coasters, but I would do water rides, any themed rides such as (haunted Mansion, It’s a small World, etc.)” this was the one and only “roller coaster I rode” Next we ate at this really cool place that was themed during the 50’s the booths were little kitchen cut outs with old episodes of shows from the 50’s playing on old black and white TVs, our waitress introduced herself as Cousin Flo and made us eat all of our greens…well actually Cousin Flo was nice when I didn’t finish my green beans she said I’d better eat them, but I told her I was full and she just whispered “Do they give you gas? They do that to me too” I laughed and looked over to a different table that wasn’t so lucky; their waitress had one little guy standing in a corner since he hadn’t finished his green beans. Once we were done Cousin Flo made us clean up our table before we paid and left to go venture onto more of the park. There were lots of rides I would not do in MGM, but Jason wanted to ride the Aerosmith ride…we walk over there and there is a huge line to get in, he says he doesn’t want to stand in that line alone so he wasn’t going to ride, but then I saw a sign that said “single passenger line” PERFECT!! Just go in there and you can ride I will sit and wait for you under that nice shady tree. 10 minutes later here he came big old smile from having a blast, next he wanted to do the Tower of Terror (no ma’am) that is all him so I decided to go walk down the “main street” to go shopping. All of a sudden I hear singing…I run out of the shop I had gone into to find a parade----THAT IS RIGHT a High school Musical 3 parade, it would round the main street then go to the central square and they would perform some songs and dances---needless to say I followed it then realized I shouldn’t go too far incase Jason was looking for me so I headed back into the store. Eventually Jason found me and we bought souvenirs and headed to the next park. At this point it was getting late in the day so we needed to find a place for the lighted parade that would go right before the fireworks, we find a perfect place near the front gate that we decide to stand, but it is a little too long of a wait so we head into this place called “Chapeau’s” that would be hat in French. We look around and see patches, these plastic round things and these felt-like Yakama’s? Out of nowhere Jason starts picking up all the pieces and start strategically putting them all together “what are you doing?” I said to him “Making some Mickey ears---duh” yes I see it now the pieces come together to make Mickey Mouse ears like the kind they used to wear in the old Mickey Mouse Club!!! AWESOME so we both made our ears fully decked out with embroidered names (yeah I know we are cute) after the parade we get our stuff and head to our condo ---we were beat and had a whole second day to play around J
Day 2: we were beat, hurting, and tired….but we had other things to do in Florida then just Disney so we had to suck it up and go forth---we decided to do the 1st half of the day in Wild Kingdom which is a huge Zoo (they close earlier then all the other parks so we wanted to do all that first.) we had a blast, Jason and myself consider ourselves mega-fans of zoos and aquariums so this was taking the cake!! It wasn’t until the end of the day when we got to Epcot that the heat and stress had really hit----Jason’s one ride he wanted to ride the entire time was Space Mountain so as soon as we get to Epcot we head that way and when I tell him I am not going to ride because, before even planning this trip I mentioned to Jason that I don’t fancy roller coasters, but I would do water rides, any themed rides such as (haunted Mansion, It’s a small World, etc.) and this was a fancy roller coaster----he freaked out!!! “I mean why are we even here! You won’t ride any rides and you are at a theme park with rides this is crazy!” I immediately start crying and say “Really?” we walk over to the area that has the different “lands” like Mexico, Norway etc. we get to Mexico and ride that ride---still not talking me still crying. Finally I give myself a pep-talk and say “stop it Kara this is the happiest F#cking place on Earth why are you crying like a d*uche bag?!” by the time we ended up in Norway we had gotten a beer and settled down ---we were talking at this point, we go into the Norway ride and immediately start going up---like a roller coaster? YES LIKE A ROLLER COASTER---before I can blink we are going down a slope, turning around backwards, and going thru dark tunnels and all WITH NO SEAT BELTS--- by the time it ended I was palpitating and hyperventilating all at once….d@mn Norway!!! After Norway we kept walking and walking and walking ---we were looking for something good to eat Jason would pick something but once we got there it wasn’t what he thought so right there in front of “Italy” it was my turn “I CAN’T GO ANYMORE….MY LEGS ARE GONNA FALL OFF, I’M HUNGRY AND THIRSTY AND WANT TO SIT DOWN” Jason who was a little scared I think told me to come and sit on a nearby bench and we would go eat in Italy at this very nice restaurant. He got us seats and all was better we ate, did some more shopping and Jason got to ride a couple of rides he yelled at me about earlier in the day---finally we watched the fireworks and went back to the condo to rest. We have learned that IF we ever do Disney World again we are getting more then 2 days to do it all ---3 is perfect, but 2 is just not enough OH and I will make Jason sign a contract that states:

I Jason P. Castillo realize that Kara R. Monceaux doesn’t do fancy roller coasters,
but she would do water rides, any themed rides such as (haunted Mansion, It’s a small World, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment