Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Unfortunate Pad Incident

When I was younger I bowled in a bowling league in Port Arthur, and every summer we could go to competitions we called “State” this specific story will focus on when we were in San Antonio for State Competition. I went up there with another bowler’s family since my mom had to work and my teammates while we were there we went to Fiesta Texas for the day ---it was hot and we did the water rides and small rides I would partake in and there was a lot of walking, well I am on the last leg of my “cycle” so I am basically wearing a pad “just in case” so I think nothing about it as we walk and ride through Fiesta Texas. We return to the hotel where all the bowlers are staying and we decide to make plans to meet some of our bowling (guy) friends at the pool later on, so we get out of the van and are standing there talking, my friends that I am with all leave me to talk to this one boy I have a HUGE crush on to make our pool party plans. All of a sudden I realize the “just in case” pad has unhinged itself and fallen right out the bottom of my shorts into the parking lot. I immediately put my foot on it as if he doesn’t see it (I think a blind person could have felt the embarrassment) and I start to try kicking it behind me, obviously this is quite the sight and he says “well alright I guess I will see you at the pool” I am no longer even listening to him I am only concerned with this pad and getting it out of eye sight.
“oh yeah I’ll see you there” take off running leaving him and the pad that is now stuck to the parking lot right there. He never said anything about the pad so I’m not completely sure if that was just him being nice or him being stupid and not knowing what it was, but I thank him for not drawing MORE attention to this situation. Cody if you are reading this….thanks pal you really helped a girl out.

No comments:

Post a Comment