Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Earth-day the underground Norwegian Death Metal band

Me, Jason and our friend Forrest went to a music festival called Mayhem fest about 3 years ago. It took place outside in the dead of summer, so I wanted to make sure I was comfortable, so I go to walmart and buy a white shirt made of light cotton. It was just a plain with the word EARTH-DAY 24/7/365 on it. I told Jason that since I was going to a metal show (disturbed and slipknot were playing) I should make up a story about how this was a band, so I didn’t feel out of place amongst all the metal fans… so I came up with Earth day, a underground Norwegian Death Metal band….I didn’t expect anyone to ask me about my shirt, but Forrest did…

It begins

I had him believing that Earth day was a death metal band and that he was going to google or you tube it when he got home from the concert. We never came clean until a couple of months later when I was wearing the shirt again and Forrest was like “oh yeah I gotta check out that band”

Fast forward to 3 years later and me and Jason go to another summer concert in the dead of heat in Dallas and the lady serving drinks (she was an older lady and out of her element) says, “well that is different, everyone is wearing black shirts and they have skulls on them” I felt like she was mocking me so I tell her with the straightest face “this is an underground Norwegian death metal band.” The lady commences to tell us how her son will be so proud that she is learning about all these new bands --- Jason and I bust out laughing and headed to the stages to check out the next band.

So if there is a death metal band in Norway that needs a name “Earth Day” is up for grabs---- you already have a following in the Texas/Louisiana area.

No comments:

Post a Comment