Thursday, October 7, 2010

An Old Family Story

This is one of the stories I found on my old blog... enjoy


Something came to mind today while I was reading my two cousin's blogs.

Bonnie and Laurie are sister's and their mother is my Aunt Ruby. Well in their blogs they both
wrote entries about their mother. So they sparked my memory to one of my own.
Every year we have a crawfish boil at my Aunt Ruby and Uncle Red's. Usually I bring my
friend Kelly, but he was out of town so I asked my friend Dana to go. We head out there as soon as I get off of work and of course EVERYONE had been out there all day. So we hurry up eat some crawfish and as we are finishing people start to leave. Within an hour everyone is gone, but me, Dana, my aunt Bernice and uncle Henry from Louisiana, and aunt Ruby and uncle Red.
I don't know how we got to the subject of the old days, but my aunt Ruby told us a story that
left a really funny thought in my head.
"Once in a while your uncle Red's co-workers would
call in the middle of the
night and ask if you know where your husband is
they would try to get them in trouble
with the misses."
Pretty good so far right .... well it only gets better and better!!!!
"Usually he would be a good boy and
he would be at home so the guys would call
for no good reason."
THEN OUT OF NOWHERE SHE SAYS.....
"Yeah well if I thought about it then I should have said
he is right here on top of me!!!!"
This statement sent me and Dana over the top and all we could talk about was that to all
of our friends. There was a lot I learned that day sitting at my Aunt's house chit chatting away.
who knew my aunts could talk so dirrty <~~~~ 2 R's like Christina Aguliara(sp)

yeah you are welcome !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment