Monday, October 11, 2010

interesting instances with the parents ....

For the past 2 days Hazel had chest pains on and off, she said it was just "heartburn" me and Jason tried to convince her to go to the Dr/ER for the longest time, but she would either tell us the pain went away or she has just taken medicine so "lets see if it works" finally around 10:30pm Sunday night she said "OK it hurts worse lets go" so me and her went to the ER at the Medical Center in Mid-County as soon as we walk in and get her checked in the chest pain stops, so at this point she feels kind of stupid for coming, but me and every nurse tells her "better safe then sorry" they get her hooked up run an EKG and do lab work on her, 3 hours later we find out that it is just acid reflux/heart burn and that other then high sugar she is healthy as and OX. The only complaint the Dr. has (which by the way Mom loved) was that she is taking too much pain medication for her arthritis, so she gave Mom several suggestions on different types of meds to take to stop her pain in her legs. The Dr. also told her no spicy, greasy, or fried foods for a while since she is getting the heart burn, but other then that she is good to go....Now we are home and I took the day off to do running around for her so she can rest and enjoy her vacation... Me and Zina both agree I should get a medal for getting the old broad to the Dr. now I know what a little pestering and tears can do to get her to go---she can't say no to her baby :)

Now my sister called me the other night saying "what's going on over there?" I had absolutely no clue what she was talking about, but she wanted me to call my dad. Apparently she had received a message on her answering machine of someone saying "Robert passed away" well that is our dad's name. So being a little freaked out she tries calling them but all she got was "you've reached the voice-mail box....." finally after a couple of rounds of phone tag we got a hold of Robert and found out that he was not dead *woo (wipes forehead)*

I just find it weird that both of these events took place days apart and happened to both of my parents ----crazy how life keeps you on your toes!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you mom is okay. I read Zina's Facebook messages wrong. I thought your dad had to go to the hospital, too. I guess the message was just a wrong number?

    ReplyDelete