Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Horse and Buggy Situation...

Every year for Halloween weekend Jason and I go to New Orleans for Voodoo fest (a music festival) last year we planned it where my sister and her friends would be in Nola at the same time and we could all hang out. Basically we would wake up meet Zina and them for breakfast or lunch then sight-see and do touristy stuff. On Saturday we ate some lunch and decided to take a tour on the horse and buggy ride, Jason, Maria (Zina’s girlfriend) Zina and I go to where they are loading the carriages and decide we will ride on this 3 seater. The first two rows are empty and there are three ladies sharing the 3rd row, Jason pays the guy for us and I walk around to the left side of the carriage and step on the step and get on, Maria and Jason step on the step on the right side and get on. At this point Maria is going to slide over and let Zina get in on the right side, but as Zina steps on the step the buggy actually screams!! Ok it more or less made a cracking noise (it was pretty old) but it was awesome that both Jason and Maria stepped on that side at the same time and then Zina—by herself --steps and breaks the buggy! If that isn’t a way to bruise someone’s ego I don’t know what else is. So Zina has to walk around to the right side and get on like I did. I kid about this, but had I gotten in on that side the whole rail probably would have done more then just crack ---more like break off on the street and me have to buy the city of New Orleans a new buggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment