Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Unfortunate Joe's Crab shack incident


Due to my lovely sister writing a comment to remind me of my "time at Joe's crab shack" I will do us all a favor and tell you about it.

One cold night me and a bunch of friends were going to see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the one with Jessica Biel. I had a sinus/crud-like illness and wasn't feeling too shabby, but really wanted to go out with my friends to see the movie. We head into the theater and I keep bitching about feeling so bad, so my friend Ray gives me two little blue pills that look like Advil, so I get a Coke and pop the pills we head into the the theater and sit into our seats. as the previews start I feel my head getting heavy, so heavy that I am no longer looking at the screen, but the ceiling instead. in a very loud "non-theater like" voice I say, Ray I can't see the screen,
Ray: "what did you do?"
Kara: "I took the Advil you gave me"
Ray: "those weren't Advil they were "Bars/Xanex" you were only supposed to take half of one!!"
By this time I'm too messed up to even realize what he is saying, so he suggest I slouch in my chair so it will hold up my head and this works for exactly 3 seconds which then leads me into sleepy-vile. Before I know it the movie is over and my friends want to go to Joe's Crab Shack to eat, let's remember that at this point they are having to PHYSICALLY carry me out of the theater BUT the bastard's still want to go eat.
we get there (which is walking distance from the theater) and settle into our table when the waiter gets our drink/food order, I order the soft-shell crabs with a side of fries, but when it arrives at the table I realized that I must have ordered the baby mini crabs, crabs so small it makes the ones you find on your privates look like king kong...

ANYWAY

I get pissed (yes I'm messed up) and tell them I WILL not pay for this food this is NOT what I ordered I will kick the cook's Ass BRING him OUT here...the whole nine
Needless to say my friends were having to remove me PHYSICALLY from this establishment too.
We head to my house to finish this night of Craziness, by watching Steal Magnolias... what rebels!!!!

the following happens in about as fast as I'm typing this:
Ray puts in the movie and presses play
the credits start and you see Darryl Hannah walking the streets trying to find Truvy's shop
I pass out
21 hours later...
I wake up and have no real recollection of what the CRAP happened...

yeah I think twice before taking any pills aspirin, Advil, or ANYTHING

5 comments:

  1. It is funnier when you see the whole facial/body expressions. Sort of like:

    "TWEET"

    But I still laughed my booty off!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree! This story is way better in person! But funny if you haven't been able to... what am I saying, people obviously know you and have heard the story in person if they are following this! WTF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so remember this incident.... HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the funniest thing i've heard aboot in a while!!!! since when did advil turn blue? :) hilarious!

    ReplyDelete