Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day 2006


with Valentine's being this weekend thought I'd bring you a LOVE story....or not... but it is about Valentine's Day....

Valentine’s Day 2006 was right after hurricane Rita, my family lost their house during this time and I was living at my aunt’s house. Jason and I were still not official yet, but we were on our way out of “friends with benefits” on to “talking/dating” stage. We decided to go eat at Chili’s and then to the local bar where we sing karaoke, this place is conveniently located adjacent to a hotel. We get a couple drinks in us and decide we want to get frisky, but the question is where to go…he still lives with his parents at this point and I live in Nederland in one bedroom that I share with my mom! He goes to see how much a room would be where we are…. No vacancy

Well crap what now --- for the next hour we go up and down the highway stopping at every hotel from here to the next town over and there are no vacancies, so we do the next best thing, we leave my car in the parking lot and go to Pleasure Island (a small little island in our town over a large bridge there are docks there and a disk golf course) we go there and comb the island looking for a spot to “park” we find this wooden gazebo in the middle of the disc golf course so we go over there get some blankets and set up shop. It is February so it is still pretty chilly in our neck of the woods, but strangely the mosquitoes were out and feeling as frisky as we were. We start getting into it when all I feel is mosquitoes attack my ass before I know it I tell Jason “this isn’t even worth it I am miserable with these damn mosquitoes” so we stop, he brings me back to my car and go home to check out the damage. What I failed to mention I am allergic to mosquitoes so I had huge whelps on my ass for weeks, looked like my ass got a case of the measles, needless to say we strictly keep our festivities indoors we are just getting too old to be all adventurous and shit.

I hate mosquitoes!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wonder how many people from PA have done the deed at Pleasure Island? Makes me think that's why they named it "PLEASURE" Island. Those mosquitos are ALWAYS like that there, no matter what time of year it is. The trick is to find a pier or something that sticks out over the water and pray for a good breeze to blow them off you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe spoken like a true professional

    ReplyDelete